Want to do your part to #StopTheSwap? Here are ways to get started:
1. Attend the next meeting.
Attend KICA’s special meeting on the proposed land swap on Friday, September 22 at 3 p.m. The meeting will be held in the Sandcastle ballroom, located at 1 Shipwatch Road.
2. Make your voice heard.
- Reach out to your friends, neighbors and Kiawah network. Share why you’re voting NO to stop the swap. Ask them to vote at the special meeting on September 22.
- Share your swap opinions on social media channels like Facebook and Twitter. Use the hashtag #StopTheSwap.
- Contact Program Director Emily Cedzo at [email protected] or (843) 725-1290 to talk about advocacy opportunities.
- Study up. Read more about our 9-year effort (alongside Kiawah residents and represented by the South Carolina Environmental Law Project) to save Captain Sams Spit from senseless development.
- Share your favorite Kiawah stories, memories and photos with our Communications team. Email Communications Associate Caitie Forde-Smith at [email protected].