GrowFood Carolina is the local nonprofit food hub that was established in 2011 by the Coastal Conservation League and continues to be an exciting program of the Conservation League. GrowFood works with nearly 100 local producer partners to supply fresh local produce, cheese, and grain products, among other similar items, to restaurants, grocery stores and other institutions based in Charleston, Savannah, Columbia and Greenville SC. GrowFood has annual sales of approximately $2 million and is able to return approximately 80% of this amount back to the growers.
The Coastal Conservation League is a nonprofit conservation organization that works with communities, elected officials, businesses, and citizen groups to protect the natural landscapes, abundant wildlife, clean air and water, and quality of life along the South Carolina coast. We are a group of 36 passionate individuals and tackle issues such as flooding, offshore drilling, improving transportation, and smart growth along the coast of South Carolina. In addition to the GrowFood Carolina warehouse, we have offices in Charleston, Georgetown, Beaufort, and Columbia.
GrowFood Carolina is searching for a full-time Inventory Control/Quality Assurance Specialist to join our team of hard-working professionals. This position will primarily be responsible for inventory management both in terms of accurate tracking of products for sale and the quality of items for sale. The environment is fast paced, demands quick thinking, steady execution, and above all, exceptional customer service.
This position reports to the GrowFood Carolina General Manager.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage inventory counts, rotation and accuracy
- Identify, record and communicate inventory discrepancies
- Conduct scheduled inventory count processes and maintain accurate records
- Stage inventory to sell time-sensitive product on a first-in-first-out basis
- Manage daily inspection of product, in house and incoming, to ensure quality standards
- Consistently monitor strategic management of product storage
- Maintain and support strict adherence to food safety practices
- Help receive and organize all incoming product
- Great attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- High level of customer service
- A passion for local farmers and food systems
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to act in a professional and friendly manner
- Ability to complete tasks individually and function as part of a team
- Must be comfortable working in cold spaces, tight areas and able to lift 60 pounds
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s or more advanced degree in related field
- Thorough knowledge of produce, especially grown locally
- Proficient with MS Office products
- Web-based software experience
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Inventory Control/Quality Assurance Specialist” in the subject line. Only candidates who submit cover letters along with resumes will be considered for this position. The deadline for applying is January 17, 2020.