The Coastal Conservation League is a nonprofit conservation organization that works with communities, elected officials, businesses, and citizen groups to protect the natural landscapes, abundant wildlife, clean air and water, and quality of life along the South Carolina coast. We are a group of 36 passionate individuals and tackle issues such as flooding, offshore drilling, improving transportation, and smart growth along the coast of South Carolina. We have offices in Charleston, Georgetown, Beaufort, and Columbia as well as operating a food hub in the Charleston area called GrowFood Carolina.
We have just completed a five-year, $20 million campaign and are reorganizing to establish a sustainable post-campaign fundraising structure. Accordingly, the Coastal Conservation League is searching for a full-time Director of Annual Fund Strategy whose primary responsibility will be to coordinate the annual fund with a specific focus on growing mid-level gifts through analytics and relational philanthropy. The Director will also manage a portfolio of mid-level donors and prospects.
As a member of the Development team, the Director will attend all/most development related events and functions; therefore, some night and weekend work are required. The Director will be a self-starter, work both independently and collaboratively, be an energetic and creative thinker, and oversee and manage stewardship practices and events with the Coordinator of Donor Stewardship and Events. This position reports to the Director of Development.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Along with the Director of Development, plan and oversee the comprehensive annual fund maintaining a calendar of appeals and digital marketing tactics to engage donors and acquire new ones
- Identify, cultivate and steward annual donors and prospects ($500+) to be acquired and migrated through the gift pipeline
- Carry a mid-level donor portfolio of 250-500 donors and strategize regular points of engagement with this segment of donors
- Focus on strategies to identify and convert donors from the pool of activists in the EveryAction CRM database
- Work with the in-house analytics team to glean insights from all giving strategies, appeals, donor engagement and behaviors, retention and acquisition rates to inform future strategies and goal setting for all levels of organizational donors
- Create targeted appeals and personal contacts to drive more gift revenue
- Develop and execute innovation strategies for donor acquisition, migration, stewardship and communications to ensure fresh approaches to donor engagement
- Lead bi-weekly strategy meetings to review prospect lists, moves between lists, and other analytics
- Contact a minimum of 40 donors per month as a part of relationship building
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain highly professional interactions while being friendly, a good listener, and a strong motivator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proficient computer skills
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Ability or work cooperatively and pleasantly with donors, development team members, volunteers, consultants, vendors, and all members of the Coastal Conservation League staff and community
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to a strict code of donor confidentiality and ethics
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in development, analytics, or a related field
- 3 – 5 years relevant work experience in a professional setting, preferably in development/fundraising
- Experience with data analytics, specifically using it to design donor strategies
- Experience with a donor database solution and adept at building queries and running reports
- Demonstrated knowledge of annual fund and mid-level giving strategies
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, EveryAction or similar software
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Director of Annual Fund Strategy” in the subject line. Only candidates who submit cover letters along with resumes will be considered for this position.